Friday, November 16, 2007

Catchup with Photos





Here is a picture of Brewster Skinner that I took when we were walking home from school
























Here is a picture I took of Delia Partridge, our study hall teacher in High School. Some students called her "Birdie" Partridge. She was a Normal School classmate of my mother's.

I took this picture of her without her knowing it, with my little Univex camera. It was underexposed, and they wouldn't make a print of it, so I never saw this photo until 60 years later when I used the Hewlett-Packard scanner for negatives and could adjust the exposure level.


















Here is another Univex picture, taken by me at arm's length, on the way home from school in the wintertime.






















Here I am as a teenager, holding some electronics.






















This photo was taken in the 1930's in front of the farmhouse in Vernon. The milkhouse is in the left background, and a portion of the barn is in the right background. Note the barn is before my Dad put an addition on the south side of the barn. The skis were left over from when the Blankenburgs had the farm.







We think this is Dick Niederwerfer with the catcher's mit. Probably taken over near the Tolland County Home.




Charlie Thrall at the back door of his house. He can date it by (a) his sweater, and (b), the light over the back door shows it is after they got electricity.






Bill Rizy standing in front of our hatchway, with our shop in the background.





Probably Talcotville Congregational Church Kindergarten about 1927. My sister Barbara Neill is in the back row, third from left. Wallace Thrall Jr is in the front row, second from right.














No comments: