Sunday, November 4, 2007

Genes Correction & Travels Update

I must correct a mis-statement in my last blog wherein I referred to certain couples having "equal weight" to our genes. This is incorrect. On the Neill side, Patrick Neill and Mary Forescythe have double the weight of the other two couples, and on the Blankenburg side, Christian Backmann and Wilhelmina Kranert have double the weight of the other two couples.

There! That mistake bothered me. Now I can only spend a very brief while to tell you that we have just returned from a week-end at the Crown Plaza Hotel in downtown St. Paul, MN, where Lydia and I attended a Marine Corps Ball celebrating the U.S. Marines 232 nd Birthday. We were invided by Col. Tom Rodgers, USMC(R), Lydia's son-in-law. It was a very impressive affair. It was a dinner - meeting and ball, presided over by Tom, and we sat at his table, with his wife and 2 children. We think about 200 were present. The guest of honor also sat at our table, and he was also the main speaker, Guy Rowe, who was born in 1924, and was a Marine veteran of the taking of Iwo Jima, plus Vietnam, for a total of over 22 years service

I got a chance to visit with him a little bit. Tom had all veterans of different wars stand up in their turn. Only Guy Rowe and I were representative of WWII. He had quite some stories to tell. Well, I've got to go, and hopefully next time I can continue with the regualr blog.

Thanks Patricia, Yvonne, Tom (Neill), John, JaeHi, and Neal for all your blogging encouragement! Love to all from Dad Grandpa, Your Friend, and "whatever".

1 comment:

Henna | HENNA BLOSSOM BLOG said...

Grandpa, I haven't posted before...but I have to tell you, I LOVE your blog! Yes, please keep it coming!