Thursday, December 6, 2007

USN

Life at NTS Gulfport was good and bad. The weather was generally good. I believe it was the springtime. My fellow ETM (Electronic Technician's Mate) students were generally very decent people, but most with backgrounds totally different from mine, though a few were from farms, most were from cities like NYC and Chicago, etc.

It was generally conclude by all that the supply officer there at Gulfport was a crook. It was based on our experience at chow hall, which was mostly "sea rations". So many of us would just go to the on-base store and buy sandwiches, etc. One time for breakfast the powdered eggs were green. The comment: "Pretty, ain't they!!??" Another time I experienced a cockroach fried into my eggs.

Well, I have to go for now. (I'm now in San Marcos, CA)

No comments: